Josiah's Journey

Navigating life with a special needs child.

Skweezers

By 11:30 AM

A friend just sent me a link to an amazing product. I clicked on the website and knew right away, Josiah was getting some Skweezers.

I placed an order almost immediately. I sent an email to the owner and heard back from her within a few minutes.

Skweezers are sheets made of lycra.

The website says, “Skweezers” sheets are great for those children who need to relax and calm down at bed time.

They work especially well for kids with Autism, PDD, Aspergers, ADD/ADHD, and other neurological disorders.

Some of the therapeutic benefits of "Skweezers" lycra sheets include spatial awareness and deep-pressure input.

Some autistic children seek deep-pressure sensory stimulation and need that pressure to soothe an over-stimulated, disorganized nervous system.

This therapeutic sheet can help to minimize such behavior and help your child relax faster.

I didn't read any of that until now. I clicked on the website, took one look at the picture and thought, GENIUS.

This is what I read, Josiah will be calm at night. Josiah will not bounce at night. Josiah will SLEEP.

I noticed that the website says to allow 4-6 weeks for shipping, yet the email I received from the owner says Josiah's order will ship tomorrow. WOW.

We've known for a while how much Josiah seeks deep pressure.

We've known for a while that when he's wild or out of control, sometimes he just needs a tight squeeze.

We've known for a while that such input helps to calm him immensely.

So now, even when he sleeps, Josiah will be getting a big squeezy hug.

You Might Also Like

1 comments