Josiah's Journey

Navigating life with a special needs child.

If Only

By 9:46 AM

You've gotta just love Jesse and Chandler's pediatrician. We've known him for many years. He is so great with the kids.

He is very kind and gentle. He makes sure each child knows he is there for him/her and addresses them, not the parents when asking about how they are feeling.

He's also very funny. He makes the kids laugh. He makes me laugh.

Yesterday, I asked him if he had a Frequent Visitor card. I assured him we would be eligible for a prize by now.

Without skipping a beat, he said, Oh you are. You get FREE medical attention for 4 years and your own parking space out front.

He heard me mumbling about Bora Bora. He quickly added . . . AND, a cruise for 7, as I interjected, for 2.

He turned, smiled and said, the cruise is for 7 so you can all go. The ship will drop you and Rick off in Bora Bora and the kids will continue on the cruise.

Gotta love a Dr. who looks out for not only the health and well being of your children, but also the respite needs of a family with challenges.

When he finished assessing Jesse and prescribing his medication, he stood to walk out the door.

He turned, looked back at me and said, I just don't understand how you and your husband can be so happy all the time. You've been through so much. You're always so happy.

I smiled and said, It's an adventure. You've got to look for the joy in it.

How could I not be smiling? This man who takes such great care of my children, who treats Josiah with gentleness and compassion is about to make my dream come true.

I just checked the mailbox. Nothing yet.

I'm guessing the tickets to Bora Bora will be here tomorrow.

You Might Also Like

0 comments