Josiah's Journey

Navigating life with a special needs child.

If They Only Knew

By 8:30 AM

Parents of children with challenges have it rough.

The road we walk isn't pretty. Yet, it's a road we find ourselves on, without choice.

Others looking in, see the struggle, feel the anguish and may think they understand the pain.

But, unless you walk in these shoes, I don't know that it's possible.

I hope to share a little.

I hope to open some eyes. I hope to open some doors.

With permission, it is my desire to sit with these saints, these mothers and fathers who are daily warring for their children and to talk with them.

I want to hear, first hand, how they are coping.

I want to know the struggles they face each and every day.

I want to know how they survive.

I want to know how their family is impacted.

I want to know what they know.

I want to share it with you.

Maybe with a little more information, with a little more insight, we can help to lighten the load for those under a heavy burden.

We can offer help. We can offer hope. We can walk along side and offer some assistance.

If you are the parent of a child with Autism, I would love to meet you.

If you are willing to open up, I would love to talk with you.

If you are agreeable, I would love to share your message.

I want to write a book. I want the world to understand what it is we deal with.

I want others to understand the struggles we face in the seemingly inconsequential details of daily living.

Knowledge is power. Perhaps if they knew, it would be different.

Perhaps, if others had even a glimpse of what it is like to walk in our shoes there would be more empathy, there would be more outreach, there would be more focused attention on HELPING families who are drowning.

I think the world needs this.

I think the world is already well AWARE of Autism. Now, we need to know what it's like to live with it.

We need to know how best to wrap our arms around families who are suffering and HELP THEM.

Are you with me? Will you help? If you are a family living with Autism or know of one, please pass this on.

If you are interested in having a voice, in sharing your story, I am all ears.

I want to share it with the world.

Contact me at Blessedwith52002@yahoo.com or comment below.

You Might Also Like

0 comments