Josiah's Journey

Navigating life with a special needs child.

I'm Back

By 9:21 AM

Okay.  After a momentary lapse, I'm ready again. 

Ready to dig in my heels and make the best of this journey.  Ready to look for the good in everything.  Ready to respond and not react.

Sleep deprivation isn't pretty. 

After a few nights of not enough rest, I am not at my best.  After a few weeks of interrupted sleep, I really struggle.

It's important to maintain proper rest to ensure a sunny disposition.

Josiah slept great last night.  He was actually asleep, in his own bed, before 10 pm.  He slept through the night and woke up cheerfully around 6:30 this morning.

He came to the kitchen, plopped down in his seat at the table and smiled.

He had a bathroom break and then was right back at the table, waiting for breakfast.

About 15 minutes later, he was on the floor, not far from his seat, sound asleep again.

Oh happy, happy day!  My boy actually WANTS to sleep.

He slept in church yesterday too.  He laid his head on Chandler's shoulder and was out like a light.

We took him to the neighborhood pool in the afternoon for about an hour and a half. 

He did not want to get in initially, but eventually enjoyed it quite a bit.

He kicked his feet and paddled around and wore his little self out, apparently.

His momma was never so thrilled.

School gets out for the summer, very soon.  I have just a few short weeks to prepare.

I've been convicted that it's time to minimize.  Time to get rid of STUFF and simplify.

So, for the next few weeks, that is my plan.  If we haven't used it in the last 6 months, it's gone.

If we don't NEED it to make it through our days, it is out of here.  I want less stuff so there will be more time. 

More time to spend with the kids, more time to swim in the pool, more time to be together having fun.

And if the stuff is gone and we have more time to swim, ultimately that will result in something extremely delicious, more time to sleep.

There is a method to my madness.  Let the decluttering begin.



You Might Also Like

0 comments