Josiah's Journey

Navigating life with a special needs child.

If Ever

By 9:54 AM

If ever I am so blessed,
I will establish
a non-profit organization
that helps families of children
with disabilities...

in a tropical location
that looks like paradise
with amazing amentities
to delight all ages
and ability levels
to pamper
and to provide respite
for the entire family
at no expense to them

Think 'Make-A-Wish' foundation, only different.  A group of caring, compassionate souls will volunteer time and energy to make a difference.  To lighten the load, to ease the burden, to heal the pain.

Families of children with disabilities will be whisked away to spend an entire week together relaxing, recreating and renewing their strength.  The child with disabilities will be cared for in the facility with trained, caring professionals who know all about the needs of differently abled children and love them.  Families will have the option of spending as much time or as little time with their special needs child as they choose.

They will be free to use this week however best suits the individual needs of their family.  It will be specifically designed with them in mind.  Careful consideration, forethought and planning will ensure each family gets exactly what they are longing for.  Should they wish, they will have the opportunity to meet with other families to share experiences and gain insight.  Should they wish, they will remain isolated, being alone, together.

I used to dream when I was young.  Someday I would be wealthy.  I would sit on park benches and listen as hurting people shared their stories.  I would hear the pain, find the need and fill it.  Anonymously.  I would fix whatever it was that needed fixing in each life. When I was young, I guess I thought all problems could be fixed with money.  Money is not the answer. 

A helping hand, a listening ear, a thoughtful gesture. 
A week away. 
Maybe it just might help. 
A little.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Let's make If Ever happen. It can be done. We are so Fortunate!!!!

    ReplyDelete