Josiah's Journey

Navigating life with a special needs child.

A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words

By 11:12 AM

Recently, there was a note from school that simply said, Josiah was quite mischievous today.  

I captured these 3 minutes of his life, moments after reading the note.




















It was a long afternoon.  

Kind of explains why I often think of this.


And imagine I am here.


I have 30 minutes to myself after work, before Josiah's bus brings him to our front door.

30 minutes to run to the bathroom, get the mail, straighten up the house a bit and relax for a short while.  

30 minutes to brace myself for what the rest of the afternoon will bring.  

Most days it's challenging.  

Most days, I spend the majority of my time redirecting behaviors, instead of recording them with my camera.

This day, I wanted to show Josiah's dad what goes on while he's at work and I'm home, struggling with the boy.

I knew these pictures would speak volumes.

And then, moments before Rick walked in the door from work, I captured this one.



You Might Also Like

0 comments